cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged when the order didn't go thru

br14an
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, today I bought an iPhone 15 with a down payment, it was 600$ for the downpayment and at first it didn't go thru, the page was stuck loading and I just refreshed and when I looked at my pending credit card transactions, I saw that it was there, I tried again and this time it worked so I currently have two transactions pending, I contacted my bank and the two passed without any cancellation of the first transaction being done, I've seen other posts state that this happened to them but they usually have even the Bank confirming that the amount will be refunded, from everything that I've gotten with them, I was basically told to contact fido or to file a chargeback, I would greatly appreciate assistance in this, thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Br14an,

Welcome to the community!

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts nor the ability to alter or cancel orders.

Assuming the first order did not actually go through, the first pending charge would generally get removed as Fido would not submit that charge to the bank since the order was not completed (see here). However, it may still take a couple of days for the item to be removed from the pending charges listing.

That said, f you would like to discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

br14an

Hi! Thank you for the response,

I'll contact support tomorrow since today they're closed but just to be sure, if I'm just seeing one order on my end (in the track my orders section and my email inbox) I have nothing to worry about and the amount will just be refunded automatically/get cancelled?

Hello again,

In general, pending charges would only post once the merchant (Fido, in this case) has verified the purchase. If you're only seeing one order, presumably the first order did not go through so Fido would not submit verification of the purchase to the credit card company for that failed order. As such, the pending charge would usually automatically get cancelled. That said, it would be good to contact customer support to verify.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

br14an

Hi, thank you! I'll contact them tomorrow but I feel better with that info, cheers!