cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change rings before going to voicemail

JR1111
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Caution: Customer service CAN change rings before going to voicemail, no matter what they say.

My story: For some unknown reason, the number of rings before going to voicemail on my Samsung A71 reduced from 6 rings to 2 rings. I called customer service and spoke to 3 different agents one day. All gave me a different story but basically, they said they have no control over this feature, which I know is incorrect. I was given a number of codes to enter but this only turned off voicemail altogether.  I was then told to call Samsung, who told me the carrier controls voicemail, not the phone.

I called Fido again the next day and the agent said she changed the rings to 6. I was very happy until I tested it. I still had no voicemail. I called again and got an amazing and knowledgable agent with 17 years experience with Fido, Doris in Ontario. She said of course we can set the rings. She said the previous agent set an expiry date on my voicemail for some reason. Doris then reset my voicemail to no expiry and set the rings. Not only that, she phoned me back to test it with me.

Fido, first of all, give Doris a big, fat bonus for being such an amazing employee. Second, start fully training your agents so they can give your customers the correct information. The four previous agents tried to help me but didn't know how. I almost changed to another carrier because of this fiasco.

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @JR1111

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Thanks for sharing your experience and happy to hear that you had it resolved.

We also confirm that you can change the number of rings before reaching your voicemail. In case you've missed it, a previous solution was shared on this thread.

Cheers!