cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken phone - upgrade possible to new phone?

saf2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello!

So just a couple of days ago, my iphone 5s got completely demolished (the screen is barely hanging on to the phone itself and the home button is deattached). I'm on a two year contract with fido; but it ends in Feburary (3 months away) .

I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade to a new phone and contract right now, despite my phone being totally ruined? and how much it would cost for upgrading if I could?
Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@saf2 You can upgrade your phone now if you need you will just have to pay out the remaining 3 months of your contract. To know the amount login to "MY ACCOUNT" Click on the phone number you want to upgrade on the next oage look at the bottom where it says "Upgrade Today Fee:" that will be the amount you will need to pay off in order to do the upgrade now.

saf2

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused. Cause you said I needed to pay out the remaining 3 months of my contract, but my "upgrade today fee" says it's $44.87 ? So would I be paying 3 months of my contract AND $44.87 or am I paying just $44.87?

Additionally, does it matter the condition my phone is to get the upgrade, (as it is in horrendous shape)?

@saf2 if your upgrade today fee is $44.87 then that's the amount you will have to pay out in order to upgrade to another phone today.