cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve 8520 (Questions about Phone + Plan)

DirectorRico
I'm a participant level 1

Hello Fido customers~

I am going to get a 3-year Fido Plan with the Curve with the $35 unlimited text + incoming plan (which is actually on the homepage as of now as a limited offer), and grabbing the $15 social network add-on.

My questions are:   (please consider the plan I have purhcased)

- Can this phone direct-upload pictures onto Facebook free of charge? (& how)

- For FIDO BB plans in general, since my plan is $50 a month, could I downgrade my plan to $40 at any point if I can't handle the monthly charge?

Thanks a lot! :manhappy:

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello DirectorRico,

Welcome to the Fido technical community,

If you are going to upload pictures from the facebook application in your blackberry.

It should work, If not you will need to upgrade your data plan to 500MB.

As the Social network plan has limitations:

You should have access to:

• Facebook
  • MySpace
  • BlackBerry Messenger
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • Yahoo Messenger
  • Google Talk

The following are the services blocked:

• Browsing
  • Tethering
  • Downloading of games and content
  • Using applications (Telenav, urMusic and Ask Me Now).

For the free of charge question, you may need to verify with our customer service by calling 1888-481-FIDO(3436).

I hope this helps,

FrancisMejico

well i got a $35 plan and i got the blackberry curve 8520 and im just wondering if i use BBM will it use data?? and do i have to pay extra if i use bbm??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that depends.

Weren't you told by the store employee when you got the phone and plan what is included in it? I find it weird this was not communicated to you, so when you get the call to rate the employee, give them a bad rating.

Secondly, there are many ways to get BBM messenger. The most popular is getting a $35 or higher voice plan, will now come with bbm unlimited.  No other data is allowed with this option.    OR, any blackberry add on youdecide to get weather its the personal e-mail only, or the socail messaging, or the 500 mb data, all come with bbm included.  So its nice to find out which one you actually have.

BBM only uses data with the 500mb blackberry plan, the others have unlimited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can't you just e-mail your pictures to facebook?  you can take them with your phones camera,  i  am pretty sure facebook supports an email address that you send emails to and your pictures are received in the gallery, try looking into this