cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware don't buy a refurbished Iphone from Fido

mpapy1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Buyer beware! I bougth a refurbished Iphone from Fido when I renewed my plan. The problems started just after the 30 days return period. The screen became non responsive on and off and the camera stopped workig properly. After spending hours on the phone with useless Fido customer service staffs and supervisors, I went to an appel store to get a diagnostic. It turns out Fido replaced the original screen with a non-approved third party screen that is deffective and in the process damaged the camera as well. I went back to fido, escalated all the way to what they call "the president office" and all they said is sorry you signaled the problem after the 30 days grace period, now the only thing we can do is to offer you a new phone at 50% of the cost (that is in addition to the cost of the deffective phone!). Now, I cannot enven file a written complain anywhere. What a joke. I have been with fido for almost 20 years. Never again. 

2 REPLIES 2

charlotte514
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

if you're looking for a good alternative for refurbished phones, I purchased my iphone 11 from www.getorchard.com and had literally 0 issues with it. i looked into bestbuy and amazon but didnt like the 3rd party model - impossible to understand where your phone actually comes from and how its been refurbed.

@mpapy1 ,I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. Sometimes with refurbished items you take the chance it will work out for you. I had a similar experience with my espresso machine, I bought refurbished and it was working excellent for about 3 months and then it wasn't. I'm still bummed about that but I ended up buying another refurbished and I have been running it for 8 years now. Lesson was, use the heck out of it within the return window and if it survives all your tests then you have a good one. There's no way to predict how long it will last. Again I am sorry that it didn't work out for you. Best regards