Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware !!! Fido misrepresentation of 1000 International minutes

shyam023
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi 

I was offered  1000 US and  1000 Intl minutes during a plan change via chat. This was followed by an email  for account confimration. The email summary also has this: 

Add-Ons

Added

Exclusive 1000 US & 1000 Intl$0.00
(Added on: 2024-Jul-09, Ends: )

However i received a long distance charges for a call to Dubai, when i requested reason on a chat, the team member and the  Manager tell me Intl LD mins fr Can to Bangladesh, China (incl.HK), India, Mexico&UK.

This is misrepresented sales and ripping of unknowning customers. 

Funny thing is even during the chat requesting the  reason for the charge, the agent offers 1000 US and 1000 Intl minutes with 120 GB for 60. They are continuing the misrepresenatoon, customers need to be cautious since we do not knwow what else hidden charges are embedded in the agreeement. 

There is no reference to the exclusions before completing the sales or clearly on the email, this is not exepcted from a corporation like  Rogers / Fido. They have to be more transperent  if they want customers loyalty.

Plan to raise a complaint to CRTC.

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @shyam023,

I understand the confusion and I agree that Fido should include the list of countries upfront and be transparent with it, usually on the account change confirmation email documents they email you typically have the list of countries, can you double check your confirmation thoroughly to see if it is listed there?

FidoMadforelmo
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

They are shady. They don't show you the details until after you've agreed to something.

See this separate post about the same issue 

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Claim-about-1000-minutes-Long-Distance-Calls-quot-IT-IS-A-...