cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery problems and other Nexus S troubles

TTC1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Is there anyone in here experiencing battery problems with the Nexus S, even after upgrading to ICS?

From day one, last year, my battery never charged to a full 100%, it always stop somewhere between 95% and 97%.

I thought ICS would solved this issue, obviously not.

Today, for some odd reasons, I didn't do anything out of my regular ordinary, my battery went completely dead in 6hrs.

Another issue I'm having is when the phone gets out of standby, the connexion to the network, sometimes, doesn't set.

I have to shut the phone off and back on to finally get back on the network.

It's not constant though, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone here experiencing this problem?

And FIDO mods, what is my options to have these problems solved.

I have about a month left on my waranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey TTC1!

From what you wrote here, it looks like your phone's hardware would be defective since the update to ICS didn't resolve your issues. I would however still suggest that you try a Factory data reset (under Settings - Backup and Reset) to see if that helps.

Should the issues persist, I would suggest that you go to a Fido store to benefit from the Repair and Loaner program.

A representative will be able to look into it with you and if needed, he will also be able to send your phone in for repair.

To find the nearest store from you which offers this service, please click on the following link:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

Please make sure that you click on the check box next to Repair and Loaner service in order to only find the stores which offer it.

Let us know how it goes!