cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Android snartwatch shared number with fido android phones

SL26
I'm a participant level 2

Hi fido...to CEO/ MANAGMENT...THERE ARE MANY FIDO CUSTOMERS WHO WOLUD LIKE TO USE ANDROID SMARTWATCH WITH SHARE SAME PHONE NUMBER ...WHICH CURRENTLY FIDO DONT PROVIDES TO THEIR CUSTOMERS....HOPE FULLY FIDO TAKE THIS CUSTOMERS CONCERNS SERIOUSLY....BELL / TELUS HAVE THOSE SERVICES...IT JUST MATTERS OF TIME..BEFORE SOME OF THE CUSTOMERS SWITCH TO BELL / TELUS..SOON ..WHICH HAVE THE SERVICE CUSTOMERS LOOKING FOR...WHILE FIDO FALL BEHIND AND NOT KEEPING UP WITH  TECH..

3 REPLIES 3

SL26

hi thanks for reply...hopefully soon...all customer is asking fido is keep some android smartwatch selection that can be 

use wtih fido phone share number ( not bluetooth )...i wait few months .if fido still cant provides the service..i will switch my 3 mobile lines 

and home internet ( $ 280.00 ). to BELL..CAN FIDO COMPETE ???..CAN FIDO REALLY TAKE CARE CUSTOMER CONCER ???...

DO FIDO CARE LOSING CUSTOMER ???...who is reading this post ???...who is replying this post ???....the peson can make changes .or the person just paid to reply post....thank u

Hello SL26,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't foresee smartwatch plans being available at Fido in the near future. As I have mentioned in other threads, the different levels of providers (Big 3, 1st level Flanker, 2nd level Flanker) offer different products and services. The Flanker brands (Fido included), likely made a business decision not to offer cellular shared number support for smartwatches.

@SL26 wrote:...CAN FIDO REALLY TAKE CARE CUSTOMER CONCER ???...

DO FIDO CARE LOSING CUSTOMER ???...

Fido does care about their customers. However, they have to consider their entire customer base. Adding more devices to a provider's offering lineup necessarily increases their overhead costs, which in turn would lead to overall price increases for all of their customers. There's a reason there is generally a price differential between the different provider levels -- different plan and service offerings as well as reduced device options. It's the same with other industries as well. Look at Loblaws and No Frills. Loblaws usually has more product selection, but No Frills tends to be cheaper on the whole for the same products. Many people are accepting of fewer options for lower costs. Those who want more offerings will need to go to Loblaws for those additional items.

People have stated that they aren't asking for Fido to carry the watches, but to only provide the service. Providing a service without giving options for some people to access that service does not make sense. If the service is offered, people will expect that they offer the watches as well. They can't offer one without offering the other.

I think many customers opted for the flanker brands over their parent counterparts because of their lower cost services. The only way the flanker providers can limit their costs is to limit their offerings. As far as I am aware, none of the flanker brands are offering shared smartwatch plans. While the demand for smartwatches has certainly increased in recent years, I think that is still only a small fraction of their customer base. Adding devices and services to accomodate a relatively few customers isn't fair to their other customers who might not have any interest in smartwatches.

Business decisions are not necessarily about keeping up with technology. Long-term evolution (LTE) technology and speeds have been around for a while. However, the 2nd level Flanker brands have chosen to only provide up to 3G speeds. Their decision to limit services and speeds allows for lower costs for their customers.

Currently Fido does not offer any smartwatch or Apple watch plans. If they later choose to offer those plans in the future, that update would be available on Fido.ca.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @SL26

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If things change, we'll announce it on our website.