Android P for Huawei p20 pro

I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Global rollout began a few days ago and Fido lists Dec 19th as the rollout date but still no OTA update on my P20 Pro. Has anyone actually received the update yet? I'm getting impatient

Thanks Mike 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 1 bearback
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Re: Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Screenshot_20190102-113209.jpg

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Awww lucky you.. Almost Jan 4th and still no sign of the update for my phone  Grrrrrrrr

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 135
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

before you rush to install, backup all data on google cloud drive, plug power into phone, use wifi to download, install update. good luck.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

It makes me feel better to whine every day the update hasn't arrived  Jan 4th now so more than 2 weeks since rollout and no update for my phone. I'm wearing out the check for update button to no avail. Come on Fido hurry up already. 

Mike 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Jan 5th now . Still no sign of Pie . Still not happy.. Another sad day in Huawei land . Grrrrrrr

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Almost Jan 8th now.. Still no update.. Maybe I'm just unlucky 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 2 ryadav
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Fido plays a lottery game and whoseever number comes in lucky draw, they press a button called update... thats what I think the staggered rollout means. Its literally a joke now when you have to wait over 25 days to get an update...

very bad experience, and probably done intentionally to promote apple and google devices

@Proac wrote:

@Proac wrote:

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 2 Gabbie1977

For my P20 Pro i click that update button like crazy, every day since Dec 19th, in the morning, at noon, in the afternoon, in the evening, after midnight, rinse & repeat the next day..   Still no update as of Jan-10th at 7:57am EST.

My next phone 10000000% will be a google pixel phone, that way i will get the update in time and not have to wait for it. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

The sad thing is people place the blame on Huawei when in fact it's Fido that's the issue. Pretty much every where in the rest of the free world they've had the update as far back as October. If I was inclined to rebrand my phone to another country code I could have the update immediately but why should I have to pay some third party vendor to unlock the bootloader and allow me to do that? IPhones with Fido never experience this problem because Apple has control of their iOS updates and Fido isn't in the loop. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 135
MVP
MVP

Hello,

@Proac wrote:...The sad thing is people place the blame on Huawei when in fact it's Fido that's the issue. Pretty much every where in the rest of the free world they've had the update as far back as October....
EMUI 9 launched alongside the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in October, but the new version of the OS hasn’t made its way to the P20 or the P20 Pro yet.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Huawei P20s on Bell will get EMUI 9 on December 12
EMUI 9 launched alongside the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in October, but the new version of the OS hasn’t made its way to the P20 or the P20 Pro yet.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Huawei P20s on Bell will get EMUI 9 on December 12

"EMUI 9 launched alongside the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in October, but the new version of the OS hasn’t made its way to the P20 or the P20 Pro yet." ~ taken from here (December 11, 2018).

"The EMUI 9.0 update will hit the Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Huawei P20, P20 Pro, Honor Play, Honor View and the Honor 10 “very soon,” according to Huawei." ~ taken from here (December 18, 2018)

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

White knighting for Fido doesn't change the fact that Android 9.0 has been available on the P20 Pro in most other markets for months now. The OS was launched last Ma. I don't find it unreasonable to expect an update in a timely fashion  Why must we always be the sisters of the poor when it comes to updates? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 135
MVP
MVP

Hello again,

Clarifying inaccurate information is not 'white knighting'!

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 2 ryadav

Lets agree that the update was available after Dec 19 and Fido started rolling... but how many devices FIDO sell that it takes over 20 days to reach the clients ...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Fact is the vast majority of Huawei P20 Pro users in other markets already have their updates. Even if they didn't receive it OTA they can use Hicare and get it directly from Huawei.

Fact the hardcore Android fans with the P20 Pro simply change the country code and rebrand the device and bingo they have the update. 

Fact the anecdotal evidence seems to suggest very few people have received the OTA update thru Fido even though it's been pushed out since Dev19th. That's a long time  How many devices are in a batch? 100😳

Fact  I guarantee I won't see the update by the 14th either.

Fact I'm pretty sure if I told Fido I'd pay my bill sometime between the 19th and the middle of the next month and then didn't deliver they'd be a little upset.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 135
MVP
MVP

Hello again,

Just because you placed 'Fact' in front of a statement doesn't necessarily make them actual facts...

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 135