Ok, I've read pretty much all posts about the update and so far everything I download is no where near what everyone talks about, I get the file "acer_liquidE_1.100.79_PA_FIDO" and a WINRAR file just saying "UPDATE" and when I run it I get these files "recovery" "META-INF" "image" "update_restore.zip" "update.zip" check_prereq" "boot.img" and the instructions given tell me to put the "acer_liquidE_1.00.79_PA_FIDO" plus a "ZIP" file into my "ROOT" folder on my SD card which also doesn't exist. Mine nor my girlfriends phone have a "ROOT" folder on the SD card anywhere. and the SD card(s) were put in by the retailer. any help would be awesome as I just can't seem to figure out what I need to do
***Edited to add labels***
I will try to simplify the process for you.
You will first need to have a 1 GB or more micro SD card in the Acer and to have the proper drivers installed on your computer, coming on the Acer CD that came with your device. Plase also make sure that the handset is fully charged.
Here is how to proceed:
- Connect your Acer to your PC using a USB cable.
- Pull down the notification bar where you will see USB connected; press on it.
- Select Mount.
- In your computer, in the My Computer folder, you will now see a Removable disk appear. Open it.
- Unzip the "OS_Acer_4.004.04.PA.FIDO_A22F_Liquid E" file downloaded from Acer's website. You can find the file here.
- In the ZIP file, you will see 3 files: "LiquidE_OS upgrade by D card instruction.pdf", "update.zip" and "Acer_LiquidE_1.100.79_PA_Fido"
- Transfer the last two files directly onto the removable disk. Do not put them in a folder.
- Remove the USB Mass Storage Device safely from your computer and unplug the USB cable.
- Power off the phone.
- Press and hold the camera and volume down buttons followed by the power button. The phone will vibrate 3 times quickly.
- The battery and call lights at thetop of your phone will always be on while the mail light will flash. It is normal and means that the phone is downloading the firmware into the handset.
- The phone will reboot automaticallt and complete the process by itself.
I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes
Please note that there is currently an issue with Froyo where calls to 311 are incorrectly redirected to 911.
The links the the affected software have therefore been temporarily removed from both Fido.ca and Acer's websites.
They will be put back in place once the corrected Froyo software will be available.
We are working with the manufacturer to provide a software update to fix this issue as soon as possible.