Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G in Fido

Shubhajit
I'm a participant level 2

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is doing great!

I know it may sound a little bit weird, but I guess Fido has been using 4G for a long time, so I was wondering if the company has decided to move ahead for the next generation, which is 5G!

My device supports 5G so, I was curious if we will get to use this from Fido as well

• 5G
5 REPLIES 5

Good morning @Shubhajit , as far as I know,  fido isn't going to switch to 5g in the immediate future. Whenever it will happen,  I'm pretty sure there will be big announcements that it's coming. Usually upcoming changes aren't announced before they are ready to be implemented. 

Shubhajit

Hey Lucy, 

Thanks a lot!

Hope it comes to us soon!

5G is such a thing, which has been trendy since 2020
Let's see how it goes! 

Cheers! 

Hello @Shubhajit,

Do you just want 5G speeds because it is trendy or do you actually need those speeds? I'm curious if you do what are you doing on your device to need those speeds.

If in fact you absolutely need those speeds you can always move to the parent company Rogers as they provide 5G plans.

HangTen431

This is a good question but it's a separate one. The main question is why Fido isn't offering 5G. There was an argument in the past that none of the "second tier" companies are offering it. But Koodo, Virgin, Freedom, and now Public are all offering 5G. Can Fido please give a good answer why they don't?

Shubhajit

Hey, 

So, I just wanted to try it because 5G is newer technology & sometimes, I connect my phone to PC, so, it may need speed sometimes! 

I will keep you advice in mind.

Thanks.