cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scammed by Guildford Fido store in Surrey, BC

Anajae
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

On Nov 25th, I purchased the black friday deal, 50GB for $39/month on this Fido website. Since I am doing the autopayment, it is $34/month. On Nov 26th, I visitied to the Guildford Fido store to pick up my SIM card. 

I told them that I already added a line on the website and I am here to pick up the SIM card. The store representative scammed me and she made me to sign up for 50GB for $45/month for the added line. She said the you will get -$6 discount for 24 month and -$5 additional discount for autopayment. So, she said it is same and you will pay for $34/month. So, I signed up since she said it is same thing. I went back to home and review my account on the FIDO website. The added line's plan is $45/month which is not I purchased it originally.  I went back to the store on same day. I told them that I originally purchase the plan for 50GB for $39/month, not $45/month. They said it is online deal, not a store deal.  When I was there to pick up my SIM care, They switiched the online deal plan to their store deal. This is a total scam. I told them that  I was only here to pick up my SIM care, not getting the store deal. They scammed me and I have to cancel the added line. Also, I checked that the representative added the international LD for $3/month which I did not agree. (She said it is free but it is not when I check my account detail at home). 

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello @Anajae

I'm sorry to learn about your experience in store.

You can contact us anytime to go over the available offers with you. You can find all the ways to contat our team here.