cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I change my phone from going directly to answering machine?

klingkling
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

how do I change my phone from going directly to answering machine?

** Edited to add labels **

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Klingkling,

Welcome to the community!

Do you find all of your calls going directly to voicemail or only when you're in certain locations? When you do receive calls that go directly to voicemail, have you tried to make calls as well? What signal strength does your phone show?

Often, calls will go directly to voicemail if the phone is not reachable. That is, if you're in an area of weak or no signal (ie elevator, parking garage, etc..). Sometimes, if your phone is located on the edge or outside of coverage, there also isn't enough signal to reach your phone. You can get an idea of where your surrounding towers are located here.

What phone are you using? Did you purchase it from Fido? If not, have you verified it is completely compatible with the network(s)? You can verify the compatible bands and frequencies here.

Some phones/devices have a Do Not Disturb setting. Have you verified that your phone does not have that setting enabled?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @klingkling

Did those suggestions help?

Were you able to figure it out?

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @klingkling

Let us know if you want to disable your voicemail completely and we'll send you a private message. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @klingkling,

Welcome to the community!

Do you want your calls to go to a different number or you just don't want to have voicemail at all?

If you want to have your calls go to a different number that is called call forwarding and depending on your plan it will cost you if you use it. You can get more info here.

If you do not want voicemail at all you can call Fido and asked them to suppress the voicemail feature from your line so calls will not go to voicemail anymore.