cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone Hijacked my Fido account

a4syed
I'm a participant level 2

I just found out that someone called Fido last week pretending to be me... Signed up for a new $170/Month plan, ordered a new Iphone for $1100, asked to ship it to an address in Etobicoke and then called the courier to ship the phone to a different address. WHY DID FIDO FAIL TO SEE ANY RED FLAGS IN THESE TRANSACTIONS????

I am very concerned about what information the suspect was able to obtain from Fido. Fido saves credit card information, address, phone number, email, etc. in their records... I have lost confidence in thIS company to safeguard my personal data!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @a4syed,

Welcome to the Community.

We certainly understand your concerns and rest assured that our customers' security and privacy are top priorities for us! We never share the information found on your account with anyone and we have different processes in place to protect our customers accounts.

I'll send you a PM here so we can take a look at the account and help you out.

For future reference, you can contact us here for any account related questions.

a4syed

Thank you for your reply. I am not too concerned about the changes to my account or the phone that was purchased because I am sure Fido will reverse these charges. My main fear\concern is how someone was able to access my account and if they gained access, what information were they able to extract from the account. My address, email, credit card information, etc..is in Fido's systems (i.e. Fido online)

Is Fido going to report this to the police? the hacker/thief ordered the phone to be delivered to an address... Fido has the delivery address, did anyone report this to the police?

I just received a text message from Fido stating that my account is now "secure" and charges have been reversed. There is now explanation or details of what happened Sad

Hey @a4syed ,

We're glad to hear that your account is now secure.

As mentioned by @FidoClaudia , we never share the information found on the account so it wouldn't be possible for someone to extract any of it.

For your other questions I'd recommend contacting the agent handling your case, he would be better equipped to answer anything related to the situation. The direct contact info was shared to you in PM Smiley