cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card won't activate?

hanochar
I'm a participant level 2

I recently upgraded to the Nexus 5 but the SIM in my Galaxy Ace IIx is still on and the Nexus 5's SIM doesn't work. Any help is very much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoSamantha
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi hanochar

Did you activate the new SIM card yet? You can do that through your online account on Fido.ca Smiley 

Once it's activated, turn off your Galaxy Ace and insert the new SIM card in your Nexus 5 Smiley That'll do the trick! 

hanochar

The Fido attendant that helped me upgrade my phone said that there is some delay with the servers or something, is that delay still ongoing? If so, will the nano SIM in the Nexus 5 be activated and the micro SIM in the Galaxy Ace be deactivated? I apologize if I didn't phrase my problem clearly before.

No worries  Wink 

If the in-store representative activated your SIM card, it should be working by now. Have you tried turning off your old phone and rebooting the new one? If it still doesn't work after you reboot, it's most likely not activated yet. 

You can have that activated through your online account on Fido.ca. Or, feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter and we'll activate it for you Smiley 

hanochar

Thank you for the information, this really helped! Very_Happy