Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent port in customer

Bubu5438
I'm a participant level 3

Hey guys~! i have one quick question,

Today i just brought 2 numbers to Fido Metrotown store, i'm on BYOP $40 plan for both phone now, under one account.

my question is, since the sales person told me the second line will have 10% discount since it's the second line under one single account, so $40+$36= $76, then after tax is $85.12. Will the third one have the same discount as well? or just the second line?

Thanks, my new cycle begins in 7 days, so i'll see what on the bill next.

***Edited to add tags and labels***

8 REPLIES 8

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hi @Bubu5438

If you add a third line you should get the add a line 10% discount providing Fido is still doing that promotion and the plan qualifies because Fido can change it at anytime.

Hey @Bubu5438!

Welcome to the community Smiley

The 10% discount applies to each additional line activation. However, it only applies when you add a new service on an existing account and not when you activate 2 or more services at the same time.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Bubu5438

i see! Thanks a lot,

so that means if i add the third line i will still get 10% discount, sounds good

i'm glad i didnt port in the third one at the same time,

That's right Bubu5438! Smiley

If you add a 3rd line to the account now, it will benefit from the 10% discount in question.

Let us know if you have any other questions! Smiley

Bubu5438

So i have another question, if i'm going back to Taiwan this May and will be back on September, can i switch my current BYOP plan to prepaid service by the minute to save money? Then when i get back from Taiwan, switch backk to BYOP $40 plan(the one i have now)

Good morning @Bubu5438!

If you don't have an agreement, we have 2 options for you. You can temporarily suspend your service or lower your plan. 

The suspension can only be applied on your billing cycle. You'll be billed 7$ per month instead of the regular rate. 

If you decide to change your plan to a lower one, when you come back, your plan might not be available. You'll have to select a new plan from the in-market one's we'll have in September. 

Let me know if you have any other question Smiley 

Bubu5438

Hi, thanks for your reply, i dont have agreement for both my lines, since both  are BYOP plan, thus no contract,

since my mom is under my account, so i was thinking later in May when i start travelling, change my to prepaid service, then when i get back in september, i'll get the in market smart plan aferward, that works right?

Thanks.

Hey @Bubu5438,

That would definitely work out . 

Don't hesitate if you have other questions.