Receive a message on temporary suspension

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Receive a message on temporary suspension

My phone is in temporary suspension while I’m abroad and I am trying to sign into my iCloud account to restore my new iPhone after the previous died from water damage. Apple require me to give them a code sent by message to my phone number that’s in temporary suspension. Is there a way I can get that 1 message without getting out of the temporary suspension? If I come out of the suspension I don’t want to be paying over 50$ for 1 message.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Receive a message on temporary suspension

Hey @JCGreen and thanks for reaching out.

On a temporary  suspension, you can't:

- Place or receive calls to our 611 & toll-free numbers

- Send or receive text messages

- Receive voicemail messages

- Use data

The only way would be to remove your suspension.

To take care of that, you can contact our customer service through our channels here.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @JCGreen and thanks for reaching out.

On a temporary  suspension, you can't:

- Place or receive calls to our 611 & toll-free numbers

- Send or receive text messages

- Receive voicemail messages

- Use data

The only way would be to remove your suspension.

To take care of that, you can contact our customer service through our channels here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

@JCGreen wrote:

My phone is in temporary suspension while I’m abroad and I am trying to sign into my iCloud account to restore my new iPhone after the previous died from water damage. Apple require me to give them a code sent by message to my phone number that’s in temporary suspension. Is there a way I can get that 1 message without getting out of the temporary suspension? If I come out of the suspension I don’t want to be paying over 50$ for 1 message.

Thanks

Hello JCGreen,

Have you checked if iCloud / Apple has a different way to gain access to your account other than sending you a text message? A lot of service providers have 2 or more alternate ways of accessing your account such as send an email to your secondary e-mail on file or answering some security questions you setup. If this works, you do not have to unsuspend your phone line just to receive one text message, give it a try, and let us know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Thanks everyone for the replies. Since Fido waiting time is over 20 minutes I decided to do an Apple ID account recovery. I will add a second trusted phone number to my account so I don’t have this problem again. Thanks again for the help.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4