Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Ontario Fido number to Quebec.

harsimran
I'm a participant level 2

Hi

I am living  in Ottawa, Ontario for more than 3 years and i  am using the same  mobile number from the day 1.

(I am currently with FIDO). 

Now that i will be moving to quebec ( probably Gatineau  or Montreal), how can i port the same number with Fido itself into a quebec plans?  I don't want to loose my old number.

Kindly guide me on that.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @harsimran,

Welcome to the community!

If you move to Quebec and take a Quebec plan you will not be able to keep the Ontario number.

harsimran

hi,

I just came across a post on Fido Community and it seems like same as my case.  In that, they are taking the montreal number while keeping the old ontario number by porting. Following is the link:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/NonTechnical/thread-id/29611

Can you please let me what is the difference here? I am a bit perplexed and  concerned.

Thank you

Hello @harsimran,

The user in from the post you linked is taking a new Montreal plan with a Montreal number for his daughter.

They will be keeping the old Ontario number, I guess for when she finishes school and returns to Ontario.

He will port the number to a VOIP provider, My guess is he will just park the number there until she returns.

What is it you are trying to do?

harsimran

I am moving to quebec soon and what i am trying to do is, that i want to take a Fido quebec plan keeping the same number that i am using (which is ontario one). so basically want to port my current ontario fido number to quebec fido plan.

Hello @harsimran,

If you take a Quebec plan you will have to change your number to a Quebec number.

You can not use an Ontario number.