Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me with this problem.

Creme
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Guys,

Before I made an Fido number for my friend under my name cause that time she is under 19 but now we are no longer friendand I just want to contact her to ask her call Fido and change the account owner ship cause I don't want 1 day she said thataccount is mine and I have to take responsibility and pay for it which is I'm not use that number (I'm afraid that happen causeshe still own me money and not give it back to me and totally disappear).

Everytime I try to call, she doesn't want to pick up, and I know she still using that number and pay for it everymonth ( I can see cause I can log into that account).

I just want to ask if her Fido Contract is over can I ask Fido to cancel that number ? That number is made under my name andmy information only the email is I put her email.

Please someone let me know what can I do ? 

Thank you very much for helping me.:cathappy:

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Creme
oops sorry, MOD can you please move my topic to Non-Technical . I posted wrong place. Thanks so much .

Hi there Creme,

Sorry to hear about that unfortunate situation. I recommend you simply contact us and cancel the line she is using, or transfer it to a another friend who is willing to take ownership.

Creme
Hi Stephane,
Thanks for your help.
But if I cancel the line when it still not expire yet i have to pay the penalty fees , am i right ?
About transfer the account to other, I will try to find someone, but it would be hard cause the sim card and the fone she keeps it, and the contract will end next year on Feb Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not hard at all, if your the one who signed up, the account is under your name so you are the account holder, not her.  You can go in to the store, get a sim card and tell the rep to swap your account to this new sim, and the old one aka the one she is using will be deactivated.   You have to understand your rights as an account holder, its YOUR sim card, your allowd to swap it.  She is just a user, likely NOT even authorized to call in and make changes on the line either.