I am not reciving OTP from IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) on my canadian mobile. IRCTC states that their system generates the OTP, but is being rejected (or not going through) at my end in Canada (647 505 9331). I am able to receive OTP from other organizations including a couple of Indian Banks. I need to validate my Mobile Number in their system for future needs like train ticket booking etc.
Could there be a problem at the FIDO end in rejecting the OTP?. I use Iphone 11 and all the settings look OK to me.
Any help in steering me in the right direction is welcome
Hi @SNV sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with OTP code retrieval. Here is a current list of approved short codes in Canada. You can check that list to see if your bank is on it, if it isn't they can request it or you can ask if there is another way for your bank to send you verification code. If it's on the list you may need tech support to find a solution. You can reach tech support by calling *611 from your device and request assistance in troubleshooting methods. I hope you get a solution
HI lucy, Thanks for your response. based on what I read till now (I could be wrong)
1. Short codes are applicable only when dealing with organizations within the country. They are not applicable for international messaging to my canadian Mobile. In my specific case a specific organization in INDIA is trying to send me a OTP to validate my canadian mobile.
2. The only accepted method to receive OTP on my canadian mobile from outside the country is to follow the 10 DLC (10 Digit Long Code). I have verified this as I received OTP on my Canadian Mobile from a couple of Banks in INDIA. In these cases the OTP came from 10 digit numbers, which I believe are registered with canadian telecom networks
3. In the specific case where I am not receiving the OTP from IRCTC (Indian railway Catering and Tourism corporation) I am inclined to think that they may not be following the 10 DLC requirement of North america. It is possible that IRCTC may be following some short code not recognized by Canada.
4. I have requested IRCTC to provide me with the code used by them to transmit the OTP to my Canadian mobile. if it follows the 10 DLC, I can then forward that information to FIDO and ask them why the sms OTP from IRCTC is not coming to my mobile
5. The issue becomes more fundamental if IRCTC is not following the 10 DLC protocol.
Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.