cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-working "new"(refurb) phone

Daphnee
I'm a participant level 2

I had a problem with the Battery on my Nexus 4. It drained completely and it wouldn't turn back on. I sent it for repair and someone (fido, LG or Purolator) broke it (it was droped and the glass backplate broke). They gave me a "new" Nexus 4 to replace the old one, 2 months after I gave it for repair. 

This is the Nexus 4 I have in hand now and that isn't working properly. It had those problems since I got my hand on it 20 days ago. I did numerous factory resets and reboots, the problems always comes back after a few hours. 
The main problem is the sound. After usually 10-20 minutes since the last reboot, the external speaker stops working and I have to reboot it. But the dialing works one day out of two, 

The new Nexus 4 they gave me didn't come in a box or anything and I doubt it was new, it's probably a refurbished phone they had. When I tried to get another one because the one they gave me 20 days ago wasn't working properly the rep said I have to send it for repairs.

They give me a non-working phone and I have to send it to repair to get it working.  And I know what will happen : they will reboot and say the phone is fine. The rep says he knows that, but can't do anything about it.

I feel in an infernal loop...

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoStephane

Wow I'm really sorry to hear that. That must be very frustrating.

Have you considered contacting LG by any chance? Maybe there's something they can do

Daphnee

But isn't the 15 days warranty made exactly for this?

I saw this page yesterday : http://www.fido.ca/web/content/phonewarranty/satisfaction_guarantee_and_warranty

but the rep said it was impossible to exchange it, I really had to send it to the repair company.

And I asked for replacement twice in the first week!

Anonymous
Not applicable
th 15 days is not a warrenty, its a satisfaction guarentee, which means fido handles it instead of the manufacturer. they also made it more restrictive as back in the day it was no questions asked satisfaction guarentee with no air time or data limitations, now they have data and air time limits.

Correction: we have an airtime limit of 30 minutes, but there is no data limit.

Daphnee

Would you know where/how can I do that?

The rep in the store told me the only thing I can do is send it for repair, which is not LG, but a 3rd company..

Thanks for the moral support, it's a little something!

Smiley