cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent information after upgrades for two phones

Vou
I'm a participant level 3

I recently upgraded both phones on my account: one iPhone 6S  and one iPhone 7. I spoke with a representative from customer relations who helped me with my options and tried to get me the best deal possible. She sent me a code by text to quote to the salesperson at the store, when I went the next day to pick up the phones. I spent roughly one hour on the phone.

The next day, I went to the store and it took a while to process the transaction for two phones, transfer data and so on. I asked the salesperson if he needed the code and he said no, I have your account. When I got home, I looked through all the documents I had to sign and initial during the transaction. There really isn't time or appropriate space at a kiosk to go through the documents properly. I noticed a credit was missing so I called customer service when I got home. An hour later, it was all figured out. Apparently I had to give the salesperson at the kiosk the code to give him access to the details. Well, needless to say, when he told me he doesn't need it, I assumed he knew what he was talking about.  This time, I revalidated all the details about my new billing, cost of phones and services (this person confirmed the details that the original customer relations person had given me).

One month later, my invoice arrives. Surprise - there was a rebate missing: 10% off the plan for both lines. I call and spend another hour on the phone going over the details. This person accesses the notes in my file and tells me there is only a 10% for one line. I access my own notes from all my conversations with the Fido representatives and my notes say 10% for both lines. Because of the nature of the upgrade and the changes to my plan, I wrote everything down and confirmed everything with each person I spoke to to make sure I had it correctly. Of course, the representative I am speaking to apologizes for the misinformation. The "error" will cost me almost $200 a year in additional fees that I was not expecting to pay.  In general, everyone I dealt with was courteous and apologetic. 

Here is my issue: I made decisions to purchase the phones and the data packages for two years according to the information I was given and validated twice over the phone with two different people who had access to the same notes. I took my own written notes. My notes apparently were different from the customer representative's notes. So what am I supposed to do? Apparently, their notes are more valid and accurate than mine. 

Let's make this fair for all: Fido should send the notes that the representative takes, so the customer can verify the information BEFORE they make a costly purchase that binds them into a contract. Really, apologies are moot in cases where due diligence is done.

If anyone has a better solution, I'd appreciate hearing it. 

Thank you. 

***Edited to add Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Vou When signing a contract it is up to you to do your due diligence and read what you are signing for never ever trust what others say, from past experience the agents always point out the main parts to the contract what you are getting and what you are paying for. 

Now you are missing a 10% discount on one line? It sounds to me like the 10% is a second line discount and will only be applied to one line. 

Vou

I agree that we are responsible for what we sign. The circumstances made it difficult for me to verify all the details at the kiosk. All the documents and the fine print are reminiscent to signing a mortgage. It should be simpler. Having said that, I don't think it's Fido's mission to misinform customers. I know what I was told over the phone. My suggestion to share the notes is meant to make the process more transparent to minimize errors and misinformation. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Vou

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community Smiley .

If you were given a special offer through our customer service, it is necessary to provide the rep in store with the interaction code. I understand that in this case you were informed it wasn't necessary but it's good information to have for the future! 

That being said, I'll send you a PM so we can look into this .

Vou

Hello,

I am following up regarding information about this issue. I have yet to hear back, and I provided all the necessary information that was requested through PM.

Thank you.

Hi there @Vou

Thanks for getting back to us! I've replied back to your PM. 

Ok, a moderator here can contact you and get that code you were given and look into it and have it all sorted out for you.