cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Nova Plus Wifi problems

aaronhewitt93
I'm a participant level 2

I've had a Huawei Nova Plus for almost half a year now and absolutely love it. No complaints whatsoever. The issue Ive come across now is I cannot get any internet functionality with wifi connected to my device. I have reset my home router multiple times, forgot all wifi connections and re connected, reset my time and date etc. I have internet connectivity on my laptop and smart TV which tells me my router is not the issue. I also connect to other wifi networks outside of my home. I'm at a loss and frustrated beyond extent at this point. Is there anyone who can help me?

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@aaronhewitt93 sounds like the problem is with the phone.

Did you do anything different before the problem started did you install any new apps?

Did you try clearing the cache partition or doing a factory reset?

Is your phone still under warranty? If it is you can send it in for repairs if any of the above does not help it could be hardware a issues.

aaronhewitt93

I don't remember there being any new apps I've installed. Some told me the recent time change may have affected it but I've explored that with no solution. Ive cleared my cache and the last thing I have left is to do a factory reset, Which ill have to prep for and back my phone up. I bought it through Costco's Wireless Wave and have a 4 year replacement plan, I may bring it into them if I cannot fix it. 

Its just beyond frustrating when I can connect to other networks, just not my own. But every other device in my house connects to the internet without issue.

@aaronhewitt93 on your home router try changing the channels, some mobile phones have compatibility issues with some types of authentication, such as WPA2-PSK. I recommend you change the type of authentication to your Wi-Fi network to WPA-PSK as it is compatible with many more devices.