cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block 411

akoppknocks
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

On this statement, I was floored to see a charge of $4.95 for line item "Dir Assist". It said I called 411 on Aug 31. I looked through my phone log and while it does show that there was an outbound call, I certainly did NOT make this call. My phone log registered outgoing call of 1 minute but the invoice said 2 minutes. There is already a discrepancy.  

I have data and I NEVER use 411 because I can search it up on the internet and get phone numbers rather painlessly. Why would I choose to incur additional cost for that service? MAKES NO SENSE.

I would like FIDO to reverse the charge AND block 411 so that I don't ever run into a case of accidental pocket-dial and get such unnecessary charge. Please help! 

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @akoppknocks,

We understand that having this charge on your bill might come as a surprise, we know it's never pleasant to have overage charges. 

Is is possible that 411 is saved on the speed dial in your device? I'd look into that and remove the speed dial if that's the case. In terms of the call log, airtime is billed by the minute not by the second, therefore if the call exceeded 1 minutes by a few seconds it would count as 2 minutes. 

If ever there are any incorrect charges on your invoice we're happy to review them and correct them, however if the charge is a legitimate such as dialing 411, then we cannot adjust it.

If ever you have questions regarding your account specifically in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us here.