cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Prepaid Data steal my $60.

kevinchencanada
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am very upset about how Fido did the trick to steal my money. customer service is terrible and could not handle the issue properly.

i have a Prepaid account with Fido only, the plan is $100 Voucher valid for a year. on Aug 22, I did call Fido and ask for Prepaid data plan for $10 of 100mb. in the end my phone suddenly stopped working and they charged me all of my balance around $60.

What i want to say is that, Prepaid is prepaid, i just need to pay $10 for 100mb. Fido suppose to cancel the service whenenever i reach 100mb. because i did not ask for $50, $100,$1000 data, if you want to give me for free, it's up to you. but instead, Fido did not cut the signal in their system and still providing your signal charge me crazily.

For prepaid customer, we did not know what 100mb, 1G, 2G, 6G look like. we will use it until the signal is cut because we are repaid for the service.

the Agent did not mention me before the data activation and that means Fido did this on purpose and try to give me trap and steal my money.

i did call other company, Virgin mobile, they will cut the data automatically whenver i run out of my prepaid voucher.

I spoke to Agent, Shaun on Aug 28 and he could do nothing and i want talk to the manager but the execuse is the manager is in meeting.

that's the fact how Fido treat with their customers.

i feel sad and want my money back.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello again,

@kevinchencanada wrote:

For prepaid customer, we did not know what 100mb, 1G, 2G, 6G look like. we will use it until the signal is cut because we are repaid for the service....

Just to add to my earlier post...

Everyone -- regardless of prepaid or unlimited data plan -- should have (or at least get) an idea of what one can do with a limited amount of data. There are many webpages which provide estimates on the data usage for various activities (see here and here). Additionally, Fido also provides a mobile data calculator which can estimate your data usage based on your own activities.

I must reiterate that they only provide estimates on data usage for the given activities. Still, an estimate is better than having no idea at all.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kevinchencanada,

Welcome to the community!

I understand your frustration, however, it is important to note that there are Data Add-ons and there are Data Passes (see here). The Data Passes are the one-time fee: In case you exceed your xxMB limit, you'll be asked to sign up for another Data Day or Week Pass to continue using data services.

On the other hand, the Data Add-ons clearly indicate the additional charge for overage data. In your case, additional data is 15¢ per MB.

@kevinchencanada wrote:

i did call other company, Virgin mobile, they will cut the data automatically whenver i run out of my prepaid voucher....

You mentioned that other providers cut services when the prepaid voucher has been depleted. That's exactly what Fido did -- your phone 'suddenly stopped working' when your account did not have sufficient funds. You should note that Virgin Mobile also charges for overage data.

Yes, prepaid is prepaid. You do need sufficient funds in your account to use services or pay monthly fees. However, there are different prepaid offerings. Some prepaid plans would likely have recurring fees (assuming sufficient funds). For example, the By the Month and By the Day fees would automatically be charged for the following given periods. Additionally, even though they are prepaid plans, you can still potentially exceed allotments (minutes, text, or data).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @kevinchencanada

Thanks for reaching out about this. From what you explained above, with your expectations concerning Data, it sounds like there was definitely a mix-up at some point on what your $100 yearly plan allowed, and the Data add-on added seperatly. 

I'd love to take a closer look at your Prepaid account to discuss this further. 

I'll send you a PM now! Thanks again.