cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Does NOT care, they are not trying to help

furnfurn
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I received an SMS at 12:39 PST on 21st July saying that I have used up my 100MB data and "it will now be charged pay as you go" ....

But I checked my account they already charged me 82 MB of data at 1420EST (11:20PST). 

I emailed them, no replies.  I called them, they don't want to help me.

They told me on 21 July @ 11:14 PST I still had 57MB of data left (from my 100MB plan), and the charge of the 82MB was at 11:20PST.  I keep telling them I was at home and my data was turned OFF and I could not have incurred the charge and the phone was with me the whole time.

Anybody with tech knowledge tell me how could I use up 57MB + 82MB in a window of 6 minutes?

I have been very careful and not been using any streaming or downloading things on my phone. I always turn OFF my data when I'm home.  Especially not that specific 6 minutes coz I was driving to the doctor's for my 11:30 PST appointment.

They WON'T listen to my and just said they only tell me what they SEE on the screen and the computer CAN'T be WRONG. There was NO complaints that day.  I think some customers don't know coz they're probably not tech savvy or not on the PAY-AS-YOU-GO with $10 data plan. With a data plan this small, who wouldn't becareful?

They just REFUSED to listen!!! I just feel Fido don't use their brains and hearts to help!!!

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey furnfurn!

I am sorry to learn of your unpleasant experience when calling / e-mailing customer service.

Since I do not have access to your account through this Community, I would have to refer you to customer service in order to have the matter looked into. At the time of your call, you may request that a case or a ticket be opened in order to have the situation investigated.

As for how it is possible that this much data was used, perhaps the data was not turned off properly and an application updated itself. It is important to note that turning off 3G will not turn off the data.

I hope this helps. Please let us know of the outcome.