cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

FIDO is FRUSTRATING ME!

gho5
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I purchased a fido number to use for  a period of one month. The store attendant informed me that for an extra fee i will be able to make unlimited international calls. imagine my surprise that after 2 months (i month after i asked for a cancellation) i get a bill of over $600 including an irreversible monthly fee for  a period the phone was not in use. I have spoken to over 4 customer service reps and received no solution. I have been told the liability is on me and i have to pay the bill.

I will never recommend fido to anyone i know and will make sure everyone on my social network never makes a purchase from fido. This is absolutely frustrating

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @gho5,

Welcome to the community!

While it is true you can make unlimited international calls it is however not free, Fido does have some plans that come with 1000 free international minutes but that's only for some specific countries.

I can understand getting a higher than expected bill can be overwhelming but since you did make the calls the charges would be valid, if you are unable to make the payment in full you can contact the Credit Operations department and set up a payment arrangement with them, you can get more information here.