cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO does not honor their word.

galaxy1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I spoke to a FIDO rep on July 2nd, her name was Lara, and spoke to her at length on getting hardware upgrades for myself and my wife.  After getting all the details straight, I asked her to provide me with a detailed e-mail or text of the offer she had spoken to me about. All Lara was able to do was to send me an interaction ID, which I thought would provide any other rep with the details of our conversation and the offers promised.  So on July 5th I tried online to upgrade and was unsuccessful.  I called FIDO, and guess what, the hardware offer that was promised was only valid for that day.  Lara did not mention this to me at any point.  Lara indicated that I had until July 6th to take advantage of the offer.  Now the phones that would have cost me about $150 will cost me over $500.  The rep I spoke to today, Michael, would not even allow me to speak to a manager/supervisor.  Michael just told me to fill out some form online that I can't even find.  FIDO, I will ensure that I do my best to ensure that anyone looking for a cellphone provider does not ever, ever consider you as one of their choices.  This is the type of bad business practice that FIDO and others do not want to hear about but they rub us the wrong way and cannot end up smelling like roses.  I can't wait for the US providers to flood the Canadian market.

1 REPLY 1

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @galaxy1

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

While that's definitely not the kind of experience we want you to have, prices of phones and services may change at any time. We can really only guarantee an offer if you accept it when it's made. 

That being said, we'd be happy to take a peek at your account and make sure you received the best offer available to you. 

I'll send you a PM right here in a moment. 

Chat soon!