cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Txt on web?

andyhmw
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Got a txt from fido in the morning saying there's a mail but i'm not subscribed.

Not sure what it is I tried logging in onto fido.ca on the computer and finds a "My Fido Mail" link under "My Fido Service".

Now I'm thinking I can get more info, I clicked, and before the popup completes loading, the phone rang up a new message saying I'm subscribed --- Now I'm even more confused.

I looked up fido search and see it's a $5 services or so, still very unsure, I tried a Fido rep, who is telling me there's no charge unless I respond from the phone.

Did anyone have similar experience? If it's a paid service it obviously wasn't I was hoping for since I don't even know who sent it to begin with. Is there any option to just read the incoming message on the phone and be free as long as I don't reply to anything?

Thanks

Andy

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey andyhmw!

The e-mail to text service is a service that will let you know via text message when an e-mail is received in your Fido mailbox. You can have this service Pay-Per-Use or via an add-on.

Pay-Per-Use: You will receive an alert via text message saying you've got a new message in your inbox. To read the entire message, you would then have to reply with M or More or R or Read. The reply to the text message is what you would be billed for at the rate of $0.25 each. If you have text messages included within your plan, those messages would be used instead and no fee will apply.

The add-on: With the $5 per month add-on, you would no longer receive an alert. Instead, you would automatically get the first 160 characters of the e-mail. You may then reply using the same commands mentioned above to receive the next 160 characters. The reply will be billed at the same rate then above or covered by the text messages included in your plan if you have some.

The text message you have received saying that you were subscribed to the service was referring to the alerts only, not to the add-on.

I hope this clarifies everything for you.