cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does changing my plan automatically gives me a new number?

Atlantia
I'm a contributor level 1

The question is as mentioned in the topic. Sorry for posting this; I know this isn't even remotely close to a question that most people could possibly imagine someone would ask, but I indeed don't know if I can keep my number after changing my plan (and upgrading my phone according to the new contract). 

6 REPLIES 6

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Atlantia,

Changing your plan does not change your phone number, the only way your phone number can be change is if you ask to have it changed. 

You can even take your phone number to another provider if you want and if you have another phone number with another provider you can port it over to Fido.

Atlantia

Thank you. That was much helpful. 

Hey @Atlantia Smiley

KAPABLE-K is right! The phone number will not change automatically. I also just wanted to add that you can even change the number yourself by logging in on fido.ca if that's what you want to do.

Although if I understood your message correctly, you're looking to keep the number as is Smiley

Don't hesitate if you need anything else

Atlantia

Yeah I do want to keep my number. Thank you for replying; this is all I need to know. 

Awesome!

Glad KAPABLE-K and I could help Very_Happy

Atlantia

Oh and hi everyone; forgot to say hello to all of you lovely members of the community. Would appreciate it if someone could answer to my questions.