cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating account issue and being overcharged

Laura210
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

As I left Canada, I called to deactivate my account. I gave my credit card information over the phone and the agent to whom I talked told me it was good to go and he cancelled my account. A few months later, I found out that my account was still active and there was oustanding balance. When I contacted Fido, they told me it was their agent's fault and I didn't owe them anything, so they would fix that. However, I had to reach out to Fido regarding the same matter 4 more times. For the first 3 times, they just told me it was their fault and it would be adjusted. For the last time when I contacted, agent told me I owe them about $100. I was confused and upset why they couldn't verify that earlier, but just told me all lies. I have been trying to resolve this problem over 6 months, and why do I have to go through all this hassle? Eventually, they got rid of my late fee charges, but I had to prove it to them. This is the worst customer service ever. I can't believe anything now whatever rep says. Now I even got the mail from Credit collector(adjouster) company saying it would impact my credit rating. Fido agent told me once I pay off, it will go away. ( as mentioned, I CAN'T BELIEVE) If it did impact credit rating, I'm willing to fight that.

I wasted so much of my time and energy, I even wanted to sue them. They just say SORRY, they should take care of training reps keeping all the record. not FLIP-FLOPPING.

Please do not be naive like me, do not believe just words. Otherwise, you could be the one to be bothered.

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hey @Laura210.

This is definitely not the experience that we want for any of our customers. It would be necessary to get this looked into. For that, we will need to go over your account with you.

Please contact us through our channels here when you get a chance.