cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data charges theft

NeverAgainFydo
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Does anyone else get consistantly ripped off by data charges they never used.  3 times now and I don't even use the 100 I'm entitled to.  If you're a new customer..................run when you see a fido sign.

*** Edited to add tags and labels ***

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @NeverAgainFydo,

Welcome to the Community!

I hear where you're coming from! Please rest assured that we only charge you for usage that was made from your phone and was tracked by our system through the IMEI of your device and your SIM card.

Many things can impact data usage, from the model of the phone you're using to the apps you have installed, the set up of your phone's settings and the type of usage you do itself.

Also, how do you track your usage? Do you use a built in app or our supported app, My Account?

It's important to keep in mind that the data tracking in your phone settings may not be set up to follow your actual billing cycle so it might not be giving you an accurate idea of your usage within your current cycle. 

I would recommend using My Account the app or Fido.ca to check your un-billed usage at all times to manage your data. Just keep in mind that there can be a delay up to 12 hours for the latest transactions to appear.

You can check out this page for tips on how to manage your data usage. You can also find another useful post about it right here

I'll be happy to take a closer look at your usage and those charges, so I'll send you a PM shortly Smiley

Just for future reference, for specific account related questions, you can also reach out to us through other channels, check them out here.