cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not use Ringtone after making purchase ... Did I do anything wrong ?

Daisy123
I'm a participant level 2

Sad

Hi Hi ...

I just downloaded and purchased a ringtone from my phone and successfully charged $3.50 on my balance.

I tried using the downloaded ringtone and realized it was locked. When I tried to Play the song it says:

"May no longer be used" Delete File?

Sooo I tried to go in "Options" then "Use as"  and all options was disabled like "Ring Tune" "Alarm Signal" "Message Alert" and "Contact ID"

Sooo I tried to go in "Options" then "Manage File" and copy file to phone and paste to Ring Tune folder ... and when I tried to go into Settings to look into the same folder I have paste it in ... the folder shows no item added ...

And FYI, I went to the downloaded MP3 and Looked up it's information on this item I've purchased this is what it says:

Name: Eat you up

Created: 07/02/2011

2:32pm

File size: 234KB

Length: Unknown

File type: mp3

License status: Locked

Distribution: Limited

Then I went on to "Status" it says:

"License" ( at the top)

Name: (Blank)

License status: Locked

Content provider: (Blank)

Description: (Blank)

I continue to Details it says:

" Eat you up.dcf " ( at the top)

O_14

I then press Select then it says:

O_14 ( at the top)

Play:

Expired

Does this mean that the song I've just downloaded and paid for no longer exist ??

Sincerely,

Daisy

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello Daisy123,

From the information I see above, you seem to have downloaded a complete song and not a ringtone. Since the format is not a same for an song and for a ringtone, you cannot use it for this purpose.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Daisy123

What you are saying is ... I have purchase a ringtone from Your Fido Ringtone Page that is actually a music file which does not even play on the playlist like my other music files that I have downloaded from other companies. This file gives me an error note that  says the file no longer exists  that proves that it was never meant to play before I purchased it.

Does that mean all your representatives are not capable of solving such a small problem besides saying sorry ? 

I either need a refund from Fido or Fido sends me the corrected ringtone.

Hello again,

Have you contacted our technical support team by phone? They will be able to investigate further and if need be, they will also be able to apply a refund for the ringtone.

Let us know how it goes.