cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for long distance call

BudCat2006
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was charged for an outgoing calls on May 19 to Nicaragua for 25 mins. I live in Vancouver Canada and have never called Nicaragua. I live alone, I don't even know how to call Nicaragua but the Fido representative 

Insisted that it was impossible for someone to steal my number and that the call absolutely came from my phone so there was nothing that could be done. He did find an error in the amount that I was charged for this call so he was able to bring my charger from 62.50 to $7.00. I am still quite disturbed that this actually happened, I looked through all my emails, my bank statements my social media pages to see what I was doing that day. I was definitely at home by myself so again it is impossible but I called Nicaragua for 25 minutes.

1 REPLY 1

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi!

In this case i suggest to you to remove all installed apps, restore the phone. After restoring (reseting) the phone, purchase an antivirus for your phone and install it. It's could be someones call from your phone with an fraudulent installed app. Im 100percent sure this is this.

Have a nice day Smiley You can select me as the best answer if u want Smiley