Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing username, won't accept email or account ID

rlarok
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

My username for my fido account is currently my cell number. I would like to change it to use my email address instead.  When I try the trick saying I forgot my username and password, it won't accept my email nor my account number.  I am the only administrator on this account so I have no idea why it won't accept either.  Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @rlarok

In order to use your email address to log in on My Account, you'll need to re-register with your email address as the username.

It's also important to note that the email address you're using to register must be the same email address that we have on your Fido account on our side. 

You'll have to click on Register Now and select Account holder, then follow the steps on screen to complete the registration.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

chrisboj

Hi there, I'm looking at doing this as well - will any information still be saved like past bills and call display settings? Thanks!

Hey @chrisboj,

Yes, all the information will still be there. Changing your user name to you email address won't affect your profile, nor the bills history.

Hope this helps!