cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from a Grandfathered Plan

sixt
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I currently have the *$25 Unlimited After Work plan* with the *$30 6GB Data Access* and the *$11 Value Pack*. There is about one month left of my current Tab36 agreement.

I want to:

1) Get rid of the *$11 Value Pack*,

2) Change the *$25 Unlimited After Work plan* to the *$35 Standard Plan*,

3) Keep the *$30 6GB Data Access*, and

4) Bring my own unlocked phone to save 10% on the mentioned Standard Plan (month to month with no agreement).

Is this possible? If yes, then how soon am I able to do this? Would I be able to pay off the remaining ~$12 on the tab to rid of the agreement and make the stated changes right away?

Is the *$30 6GB Data Access* limited to any agreements and/or minimum plans?

Basically, I really like Fido's plans but don't really like the phone selection. Thanks for the help!

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

sheedy17
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

depending when you took your contract, you could be under the old rules , if the contract was taken in 2011, it might not benefit you to buy out of your contract as it might be a higher amount than if it is subsidy based.     You could call now and have it done and just have them do it at the beginning of your billing cycle.    If you were to switch to the standard plan, you would benefit with the 10 % discount, but the 6 gb will go up to $35 as it is not on contract and when the data option doesnt have a term, the cost of the data add on was recently increased.