cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I block someone from calling my number? (Call Block)

Bordel
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

Is there a way to block a call?

I keep getting calls from oversees and am worried that if I answer I'll get billed for it.

In any case, I don't know anyone from Morocco!!!!!!!!!   I want to put this number on a block list.

They have tried to call 7 times today only!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bordel

7 REPLIES 7

ViperZeroOne
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

Hi Bordel,

More information, in specific which phone you have, might better help you obtain a resolution to your question.  Most phones have an option built into them to do blacklisting.  That said, they may not specifically say "Black List" in the options anywhere.  It could be as simple as selecting them from the call list, going to an option menu, and selecting to block the caller.

If you would like to provide further information on which phone you're using, I may be able to better assist you to a solution.

--------------------

I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.

mark746

If someone blocks me will I get anything stating message is blocked on my phone?

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@mark746 I would guess not. If they don't want to receive communications from you, they probably don't want you knowing they have blocked you. You could test this by blocking a friend, having them text you and see if they get a reply of some kind.

Sed8ed66
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I use iBlacklist app on my iPhone. It works well and also allows you to block MMS and SMS messages. It provides various reply options as well.

If you are using another type of phone, you are restricted to whatever the provider carries I'm affraid.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rest assured, The person calling overseas is the one billed for the long distance call, NOT YOU.

Hope This Helps,

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates. ....

Bordel

I was told by Fido that this is only the case while I'm in my local calling area.

I travel throughout Canada and would get hit with the call.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't answer and you should be fine.

--
I am NOT a Fido employee, my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of this website and its affiliates.