cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisted IPhone

Bob106
I'm a participant level 2

I've been with Fido for two years and I'm really satisfied with their service. Recently my wife arrived to Canada so we went to Fido store to get a line to put in her IPhone that we bought last year, we bought it new in Erbil from a certified seller and I still have the original receipt. When the salesman put a Fido sim in it he told us that the phone is blacklisted and it might be stolen!! I'm pretty much sure that the device wasn't stolen or refurbished and the receipt is a proof of that. And it was working outside of Canada.

Please tell me what to do in that case??

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Bob106,

Welcome to the community!

Is it possible the phone is locked to a network from the country it was purchased? You can follow this article here to see if the phone is locked.

Bob106

Thanks for replying. The phone isn't locked and it worked with different carriers outside Canada.

Hey, @Bob106 were any of the other carriers in North America? If for whatever reason the phone is actually blacklisted it could be for Nort America. If this is the case then you would need to find out why this happened you might have to contact Apple and see what they can do.