cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE: FIDO DOES NOT HONOUR THEIR WORD

bobasfamily
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just got a job and all the training was online, without realizing it.. I went over my phone limits trying to connect to Zoom so I contacted Fido as soon as I realized and they dealt with it right away which was a relief.

However, 

they didn't. They added extra minutes, and the customer service rep told me (on live chat where I have screenshots) it would cover the entirety of my overcharges but at the end of the month, my bill was almost double the amount of the actual monthly charge. Had they just told me straight up, I would have just chalked this up to being a bummer but not after the hassle of trying to get fido to honour what they said they would.

So I ended up contacting fido twice, waiting for a superviser to contact me back and then having to be on hold for a long time just to finally get in touch with someone who could help. The second employee tried to dismiss it until I told him to check the logs, then he saw why I was complaining so he said a superviser will contact me. I'm not sure if he actually did and in all fairness, they easily could have and I missed it. The third employee I actually got in touch with was on the phone, saw the logs right away and told me that I was right but then when he got the superviser, they said the charges were already on the account and they cant do anything about it.

I'm sorry, but that's not good enough.

Not only is it a financially stressful time for everyone, but your employee/company gave a solution and you're not honouring it. It's important to note, I have never gone over and for a long time, I wasn't even using my mintues. We're a long-term customer, I'm incredibly disappointed in Fido.

It seems like when you actually have a contract with them (as I started 2 months ago) they are less supportive, and dont care. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello @bobasfamily 

It's not the experience that we want you to have with us at all.

In order to go over the charges on your account, it would be necessary to contact our customer service. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

If it's best for you, we can send you a PM here on the Community.

Let us know.