$1.00 charge from ROGERSWL 1TIME

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 skeenyvr
I'm a Participant Level 1

$1.00 charge from ROGERSWL 1TIME

why was I charged $1.00 by ROGERSWL 1TIME on my credit card after updating my credit card number?

Accepted Solution

Re: $1.00 charge from ROGERSWL 1TIME

Hello @skeenyvr,

Welcome to the community!

Because you updated the credit card the $1 charge is actually a temporary preauthorization from your credit card company, basically giving the merchant the green light to charge your card for the full amount when your final charge is made.

By preauthorizing your card $1, they don't have to place a larger hold against your account.

The $1 charge disappears when the final amount is no longer pending, the preauthorization is lifted and the $1 charge will not show up on your final statement.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted

Hey @skeenyvr and thanks for reaching out.

This charge showed up on your credit card statement?

Did you see this charge show up anywhere on your Fido bill?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Solution

Hello @skeenyvr,

Welcome to the community!

Because you updated the credit card the $1 charge is actually a temporary preauthorization from your credit card company, basically giving the merchant the green light to charge your card for the full amount when your final charge is made.

By preauthorizing your card $1, they don't have to place a larger hold against your account.

The $1 charge disappears when the final amount is no longer pending, the preauthorization is lifted and the $1 charge will not show up on your final statement.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3