cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cancelled my account Tuesday, still hasn't taken effect.

PasCas
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I called the special hotline to cancel my Fido Home Internet account on Tuesday -- even though they said service is stopping May 6 or May 17 -- but haven't yet received a cancellation e-mail nor indication on my online Fido account it is shut down. For one, the representative I spoke with was confused about my request, first asking if I was migrating my account to Rogers (I wasn't, I changed providers for many, many reasons). The rep returned from hold, even though he heard me say I want to cancel my account, because I have already changed internet providers, tried to give me an offer. I declined. The rep proceeded to cancel my Fido Home Internet. The rep returned after a long hold informing me the Internet was cancelled, even gave me a confirmation number, assured me I'll get an e-mail about it, but haven't yet. How many more days is Fido going to charge me, even though they said they'll no longer have Home Internet past May 6, and my modem is going to stop working past May 17, and I cancelled as of May 21? It shouldn't surprise why I changed Internet providers -- to a company that checked-in to see how my new Internet is working. Next: changing my phone to a new company, too. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoNajat

Hey @PasCas! Please feel free to contact us so we can take a closer look at your account and confirm cancelation.