cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Internet - temporary overhead cable line for 6 months!

musicgold
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello folks,

Just wanted to let you know how poor Fido Internet's customer service is and how they lie to their customers repetedly.

In May 2018, as there was some problem with the underground cable going into my house, Fido put a temporary overhead cable from my neigbours frontyard across the street. I was told that a permanent cable will be burried in a few weeks. 

It is almost November now, and I have had contacted Fido Internet more than 4 times including escalating the case to their president and still there is no progress. Here are a few confirmation numbers  I-*********  I-*********.

Not only I am getting poor internet speed, but my neighbour is upset because of the sagging overhead cable and wants me to remove it.  

Any suggestions as to how I can get this issue resolved from this sleeping-at-the-wheel comapny?

**edited to remove account info**

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @musicgold

I'm sorry you had trouble getting your situation resolved.  I'll send you a PM so that we can take a look at this together.

Talk to you soon!

Mamamiss
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have the same issue, temporary line sagging thru neighbour who is unhappy. It’s been several months the but nothing done. Last call they mentioned since it’s winter they won’t do anything until next spring. Any chance they can move it out of neighbours property?

Hey @Mamamiss,

Welcome to the Community!

We'll need to look into this with you, I'm sending you a PM Smiley

Talk to you soon!