cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA Modem issues

Gazar
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Having a wierd intermitent problem with my modem that requires restart every week.  Sometimes my 2.4 cuts out and 5G is availible and 2.4 only comes back after restarting. All the lights on the front show all good but the 2.4 isnt there. I also get issues where i am showing full bar on 2.4 and 5G but all WIFI connected devices can't connect to internet, but the hardwired   The weidest issue is that at times i cant connect to some websites (yes i know, i can get to www.google.ca but i cant get to www.fido.ca, its wierd) using wifi or hardwired but i can connect to the same website using cell data via hotspot.  I have reset the modem a couple of times the past 3 months as per tech support but these problems keep coming back. Think i need a new modem?

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Gazar,

Welcome to our community!

I'm sad to know you're still experiencing trouble after speaking to our technical support. If all the troubleshooting that they indicated was followed and this continues to occur, the best thing would be to get back in touch with them to investigate this further.

If they determine that the modem is the cause of your troubles, they will also be able to exchange it for you. It's possible that a technician might have to pass by as well, rest assured they'll be able to determine which steps need to be taken further. 

Keep us posted on how it goes!