I'm a participant level 1

I wish Fido had a plan that covered Canada and USA

5 REPLIES 5

LitlLdy
I'm a participant level 3

@Painlesspat wrote:

I wish Fido had a plan that covered Canada and USA

I wish Fido would also! AT&T has a plan with unlimited calls, text & data for $50 a month for use in USA & Canada! I would love to see Canadian companies offer that for an affordable price!

Hi @LitlLdy @Painlesspat , a canada//us plan isn't currently offered by any of the lower tiered carriers in Canada. The US does have some pretty sweet deals but they also have a population over 300 million so it's easier for the big carriers to offer premium plans that can be offset across their network. Unfortunately with only 10 percent of the population in Canada, there are fewer subscribers to offset the expenses involved with cross border service sharing. Hence the cost of many goods and services in Canada, not the same purchasing power and vast areas of little to no population across this amazing country of ours. Perhaps in future, there will be better agreements for sharing communications services between our 2 countries. Who knows? Me, I'm just thinking out loud. 😉 

LitlLdy

@Original_Lucy wrote:

Hi @LitlLdy @Painlesspat , a canada//us plan isn't currently offered by any of the lower tiered carriers in Canada. The US does have some pretty sweet deals but they also have a population over 300 million so it's easier for the big carriers to offer premium plans that can be offset across their network. Unfortunately with only 10 percent of the population in Canada, there are fewer subscribers to offset the expenses involved with cross border service sharing. Hence the cost of many goods and services in Canada, not the same purchasing power and vast areas of little to no population across this amazing country of ours. Perhaps in future, there will be better agreements for sharing communications services between our 2 countries. Who knows? Me, I'm just thinking out loud. 😉 

@Original_Lucy , ohh I know! Unfortunately the cost of living here in Canada is very difficult all the way around! I lived in the US for 13 years & forgot how different & expensive things were here in Canada!

Hi there @Painlesspat , I hear you, at times I would have liked to have that also. The only way to get a plan like that is to go with a top tier carrier like Rogers. They have plans that include canada and us for a much larger fee. If it's a necessity for you, you could look at Rogers offerings of their infinite plan Here hope that helps

CS1000

We don't want to pay more than the already high bills we are paying. We do want better coversage and service.