Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unforeseen International Calling Charges

SandipNagewadia
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Dear Fido Customer Support,

I hope this message reaches the right department to address my concern. I am writing to express my dissatisfaction and confusion regarding unexpected long-distance calling charges I incurred after switching from Lucky Mobile to Fido, while using WhatsApp to call India. I believe there may have been a misunderstanding, and I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter.

Upon transitioning to Fido, I was not informed that using WhatsApp to make international calls would result in additional charges. This lack of transparency has led to an unexpected $75.9 charge on my account. As a loyal Fido customer, I was taken by surprise and find it difficult to accept this cost.

I have been a satisfied Fido customer since my switch, and my intention is not to dispute legitimate charges. However, I believe the issue at hand arises from a lack of communication and understanding rather than my deliberate misuse of services.

I have consistently relied on WhatsApp to stay connected with my family and friends in India without incurring extra fees while using my previous provider, Lucky Mobile. Thus, I assumed that my experience with Fido would be similar. The sudden additional $75.9 charge has put me in a difficult position financially, especially as this was unforeseen and not communicated when I switched providers.

I kindly request that Fido review my situation and reconsider the charges incurred due to WhatsApp calling to India. It is my hope that we can find an amicable resolution to this issue and avoid any further inconvenience.

In the spirit of fairness and transparency, I kindly request the following:

1. A review of the charges related to my WhatsApp calls to India, with an explanation of why these were considered international calls under the Fido service.

2. If the charges are determined to be valid, I request a clear and concise explanation of the fees associated with international calling when using WhatsApp with Fido. It is essential for me to fully understand the terms and conditions moving forward.

3. A consideration for the situation and an adjustment, waiver, or reduction of the unexpected charges as a goodwill gesture due to the lack of information provided at the time of switching to Fido.

I value the service that Fido provides, and I hope that we can reach a resolution that leaves both parties satisfied. I appreciate your attention to this matter and kindly request a prompt response. My objective is to continue being a satisfied and loyal Fido customer, and I believe that a fair and transparent solution can help achieve this goal.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in resolving this matter. I eagerly await your response and hope that we can find a resolution that is in the best interest of both parties.

Sincerely,

Sandip Nagewadia

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello SandipNagewadia,

I replied to your other post here.

Cheers