cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady

Canadian246
I'm a participant level 2

Just off the phone with Fido/Rodgers customer service. My contract on my purchased phone was up three months ago, no email, no reminder and have been charged the exact same on my bill . When I owe them money or it benifts them it is endless emails and reminders ,so we know that they have the technology .I spoke to a lady who proceed to explain with some big mathematical equation on discounts and fees but the big picture and facts remain the same, I'm paying the same every month that I was paying when leasing my phone even though my phone was payed off . I asked what there best deal was and was given their best option but she with held certain information on fees until I asked , specifically fees to be transferred from Fido to Rodgers. They are the same company, cash grab and bogus . She explained the this type of charge is common knowledge , not to me and I'm guessing the majority that don't work in the industry . Her M/O was to interrupt, talk over me and to disregard my concerns with an undesirable tone . When I brought it to her attention that in my opinion talking over people and interruptions are unprofessional, she took offense and promptly ended the call . My hope is that Rodgers/Fido reviews the call or reads this and changes are made but highly doubtful. I rarely write reviews but thought it important to bring this to others attention so they are aware of these less than desirable practices and policies . Good luck and I hope that you have a better experience .

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Canadian246,

Welcome to the community!

@Canadian246 wrote:

.....I'm paying the same every month that I was paying when leasing my phone even though my phone was payed off ......

Firstly, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts nor know the details of your situation. However, Fido had switched from their old subsidy model to a financed Payment Program for a couple of years now (see here). With the subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans. Since your contract had just recently ended, you would have been financing the device and do not have a subsidised plan.

It was true that, with a subsidised plan, the monthly plan billing did not automatically get reduced. However, that was how those plan-types worked. It is was not possible to simply remove the subsidy from those plans so switching to a new plan without subsidy was required. It's possible that was one of the reasons for the switch to the Payment Program.

Since the device financing costs are now separate from plan costs, you will no longer have a monthly financing charge since your contract has completed. However, your monthly plan costs would remain the same. You should note that if you were receiving device financing credits towards off-setting the cost of the device, those credits would no longer apply once your contract has ended. If you are paying the same amount now as when financing the device, it's possible you were receiving monthly credits equal to the monthly financing charge. Now that there is no more monthly financing charge and no more monthly credit, you are only paying the monthly plan cost which would not have changed.

Also, since the device financing costs are now separate from plan costs, it should be clear on your bill whether or not you are still being charged monthly financing for the device. You should be able to view your via your My Account --> My Bill. From there, you can View or Print/Save a PDF copy of your bill.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Canadian246
  •  

Hello again,

How was what I provided biased?!? You are correct in that I do not have access to your account details. I acknowledged that fact. And also yes, I was speculating when I said it was possible...

However, it is a fact that Fido does not lease devices nor do they subsidise devices anymore. The only way you could have had monthly payments for a device was to finance the device. Their Payment Program finances the device over 24 months, after which, there would not be any more device financing charges. That is not speculation. Those are facts.

**edit**

Payment Program.jpg

~taken from Payment Program link provided above**

Cheers