cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Fido

BSPYYZ777
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

We are all fools thinking writing and posting on this forum makes any difference - one thing you realize pretty soon with Rogers /Fido is that THEY DON'T GIVE A F***. 

And why would they care - they now have a near monopoly over the mobile phone market in Canada, what's one customer more or less? They can afford not to reply to your calls, work Banker's hours in support (even the chat is closed on Sunday!!), hire completely incompetent staff in their stores (BTW - almost all Fido locations in Toronto are either closed or in the process of closing, all being merged with Rogers), behave like bullies - why? Because they can. What else would you do? Well, this is what I will be doing (as soon as I get in touch with support) - switch to Bell.

I'm not saying Bell is perfect - but their customer service leaves Rogers Fido in the dust, and guess what - that's important to me. 

Why am I switching to Bell - well, i ordered my new phone a week ago online (you cannot do it in stores anymore), it was promised to be available for pickup the same or the following day - and to this day no word if the phone is coming any time soon. I wouldn't be so pissed off if I had someone to talk to, or of Rogers Fido communicated to me there's a problem - OK, sh** happens, it's fine. But to keep you in the dark, start billing you for new services and not delivering - well, that's the ground for legal action. I'd love to see Rogers send their $1000/hour lawyer to the Small Claims Court to fight me for $100 in damages - and that's exactly what I am going to do.

Here in Canada we are victims of corporate greed like no other place in planet Earth - Rogers is the prime example. And that's why we pay the highest mobile rates in the world... If there's any justice, and if our corrupt politicians actually cared about us people, this market would be open to US service providers to create competition - and that would benefit us all...

I encourage you all to make swft move to a different provider the moment they start playing games with you - don't lose your time, stress out: just switch. 

0 REPLIES 0