cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido charged me 458.67$ extra for no reason.

tapishgupta
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Fido, didn't expect this from you. I am student and recently I had to pay 458.67$ extra only because you don't care I think, you only care about making money. 
Here's the story: my 1000 mins long distance calling limit showed 'unlimited' and only that's why I continued using it, my bad I forgot to take a screenshot as proof. Obviously I know International calling costs extra and I make a lots of calls to India and of course I wouldn't have if I had known and I have a habit of keeping a check on my calling and internet usage so you can't accuse me that I might have done it by mistake. 
Now, I am a student, and 458.67 CAD is a lot! I'd like you to look into the matter and provide a solution.

I tried connecting with Fido customer service but got no solution, I expect better from Fido. I've been a loyal customer. 
Eventually, I had to pay the bill because I didn't want it to affect my credit history in any way. 

I'd appreciate if you can look into the matter and provide a solution. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks, 

Happy New Year to all except Fido and people who've been scammed the same way.

1 REPLY 1

FidoStephane
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @tapishgupta  

That does sound very unfortunate. Unexpected invoices are seldom welcome ones. 

Odd that the app would say both 1000 minutes AND unlimited. 

We'll send you a PM to see if there is anything we can do to help. 

Please keep an eye on your Community PM inbox