cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make unwanted icons disappear

iphoneguy
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Do you hate the stock apps that come pre-loaded on the iPhone. Thankfully there is a way to hide them. Unfortunately, the apps can never be deleted but at least you'll never have to look at them again. Here's how:

1. Ensure that your entire home screen is full of icons as well as your docking bar. To be clear, that is 16 icons on an iPhone 4s and 20 on an iPhone 5. I don't have an iPhone 6 so I can't say how many icons will fit but you get the idea. Your docking bar will hold 4 icons.
2. Put all of your unwanted icons into a folder and have it as one of your icons on your home screen.
3. This is the trickiest part. Drag one icon onto another to form a folder. In the split second that you do this, quickly drag the unwanted folder into this new folder. You will have successfully created a folder within a folder.
You may need to try again if you were unsuccessful the first time.
4. Now take the single icons out of the folder and put them back on your home page.
5. The last thing that should be remaining in your folder is the folder of unwanted icons. Drag this onto your dock bar. If done correctly, it will disappear. Note that this does not delete your apps. It only makes them not appear on your screen. This will be undone everyone you reset or turn off your iPhone.

***Edited to add labels***

0 REPLIES 0