cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide unwanted icons on iPhone

iphoneguy
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Do you wish that you could create a folder within a folder. For example, in a folder labelled "entertainment", you could have a nested folder called "music". Thankfully there is a way to do this. Here's how:

1. Ensure that your entire home screen is full of icons as well as your docking bar. To be clear, that is 16 icons on an iPhone 4s and 20 on an iPhone 5. I don't have an iPhone 6 so I can't say how many icons will fit but you get the idea. Your docking bar will hold 4 icons.
2. Group your first folder by putting all of your desired apps icons into a folder and have it as one of your icons on your home screen.
3. This is the trickiest part. Create a second folder by dragging one icon onto another. In the split second that you do this, quickly drag the other folder into this new folder. You will have successfully created a folder within a folder.

Note that if you don't get it the first time, you can always try again by taking the folder. Also, the nested folder will disappear if you reset your phone.

***Edited to add labels***

0 REPLIES 0